The land for use as a burial ground on Ruthin Road was presented to the vicar and churchwardens of Wrexham by Sir Watkin Williams Wynn. Bart. as an additional burial ground in 1784 as that of the parish church of St. Giles became full, it was consecrated in 1793 and was in regular use until the acquisition of the Borough Cemetery on Ruabon Road in 1876.
The Chapel was built in 1794 and was in use for regular service until 1912 when St. Michaels Church in Poyser Street was erected to serve the district. The ground was aquired by the Coporation and converted into a garden of rest in 1959 and later in 1963 a public park.